- Oct 16, 2017
- in Metro DC Music Blog
D'Addario Planet Waves DIY Solderless Pedalboard Cable Kit
D'Addario's solderless cable kits are a nice solution for custom wiring pedal boards, rack gear, and your entire layout from guitar to amp. This DIY kit is especially nice as it avoids soldering or stripping of wires. The plugs and cable are D'Addario's leading edge designs. The cable is the same used in their American Stage line of cables. The plugs feature D'Addario's GeoTip design that increases the contact points with jacks that may have deformed with use over time.
You can cut cable lengths that perfectly suit your needs for accurate and reliable sound reproduction, from guitar, to amp, and all points in between. Many of D'Addario's most notable artists use the solderless cable kits as their primary pedalboard and rack wiring solution.
The features of this system include:
- Low capacitance for pure signal transparency
- 24k gold-plated plugs provide superior signal flow and corrosion resistance
- Solderless plugs connect to cable in seconds no matter where you are, creating exact required lengths easily
- Road-tested plug connections hold up even the toughest gigging situation
- Limited lifetime guarantee
The plugs and cables in this kit are specially designed for quick and reliable assembly. Just measure, cut, screw, and you're done. Includes 10 feet of cable, 10 right-angle plugs and a mini cable cutter.